'I will listen to what the Lord will say; He promises peace to His People.'
I thought I would do a blog on all things Texas. Since I live here in Arizona I miss my home state and thought I would share some neat stuff about Texas to all my readers that are not from Texas.
I love this picture and it is now my desktop picture. Here shows all six flags that have flown over Texas.
Spanish - 1519 to 1685
French - 1685 to 1690
Spanish - 1690 to 1821
Mexican - 1821 to 1836
Republic of Texas - 1836 to 1845
United States - 1845 to 1861
Confederate States - 1861 to 1865
United States - 1865 to the present.
Texas is know as 'God's Acre'. Back in the day they use to say God made Texas on his day off just so he could show all greatness can be in one place.
Texas Ten Commandments
(1) Just one God.
(2) Honor yer Ma & Pa.
(3) No telling tales or gossipin'.
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meeting.
(5) Put nothin' before God.
(6) No foolin' around with another fellow's gal.
(7) No killin'.
(8) Watch yer mouth.
(9) Don't take what ain't yers.
(10) Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff
- Famous people from Texas:
- Carol Burnett comedienne, San Antonio
- Joan Crawford actress, San Antonio
- Dwight David Eisenhower U.S. president, general, Denison
- Buddy Holly musician, Lubbock
- Lyndon B. Johnson U.S. president, Stonewall
- Janis Joplin blues singer, Port Arthur
- Tommy Lee Jones actor, San Saba
- Willie Nelson singer, Abbot
- Dan Rather TV newscaster, Wharton
Where else can you paint your state flag on a barn side and it be admired as art?
Best know as 'The Lone Star State'
Some famous quotes from or about Texas is:
'REMEMBER THE ALAMO'
'COME AND GET IT'
'EVERYTHING IS BIGGER IN TEXAS'
Texas is the only state to enter the United States by treaty instead of territorial annexation.
Austin is considered the live music capital of the world
If someone in a Lowe's store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you may live in Texas;
- If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you may live in Texas;
- If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you may live in Texas;
- If "Vacation" means going anywhere south of Dallas for the weekend, you may live in Texas;
- If you measure distance in hours, you may live in Texas;
- If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you may live in Texas;
- If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked, you may live in Texas;
- If you carry jumper cables in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you may live in Texas;
- If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph -- you're going 80 and everybody's passing you, you may live in Texas;
- If you find 60 degrees "a little chilly," you may live in Texas;
- If you actually understand these jokes, and share them with all your Texas friends, you definitely live in Texas.
Dr Pepper was invented in Waco in 1885. The Dublin Dr Pepper, 85 miles west of Waco, still uses pure imperial cane sugar in its product. There is no period after the Dr in Dr Pepper.
The world's first rodeo was held in Pecos on July 4, 1883.