Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Went into labor yesturday

Went to the DMV to do my written drivin test and as soon as I sat down I had a mild contration. No big deal I have them sometimes. I took my test and past and then did my picture and left. While in the truck I had another one and then another one which I thought was strange so I started to time them. By the time I got home they were 2-3minutes apart lasting 30 seconds. Aaron told me to sit on the couch and start recording them. This was at 3:30pm an by 4 I called my dr who said to get to the hospital asap. Aaron called his mom and told her we needed to bring addi over. We got to the hospital a little before 5pm and they hooked me up to see what was going on. I was having very mild but constant contractions every three minutes so they wanted to give me a shot of terbutaline which is suppose to stop labor. It burned soo bad but it did the trick. Babe is fine and Im fine Im just suppose to stay off my feet, drink lots of water, and the dr is perscribing me the same thing as the shot but in pill form so when this happens again I dont have to go to the hospital. We got out of the hospital by 7pm so it wasn't that big of a stay. So since I am 31 1/2 weeks pregnant it was considered pre-term labor and my cervix was open a little but nothing to be worried about. So today we are all good and going about the day. It was a wake up call to reminding me how much those contrations take energy out of you even if they are small. I was really tired in between them. So if babe can stay in for about 5 more weeks everything will be ok. :)

No comments: