Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Break and St. Patrick's Day

Its been a very full house in the Klein home this week. Aaron’s mom, Maria, and his brothers, Seth and Caleb, drove from Arizona to come visit us for a week. Of course, the girls loving having G-ma here to play and take them for morning walks. Its was great time with them and we will miss them. Pray for their 13 hour journey back to Arizona today.

With yesterday being St Patrick’s Day,my mother in law made awesome Corn Beef with potatoes and carrots. Very tasty! At work, we did a potluck and there was a ton of yummy food. I took lil smokies in bbq sauce and I wanted to take cake balls. I had this awesome vision of how they would turn out.

Just a word to the wise, FOLLOW THE MELTING DIRECTIONS FOR CHOCOLATE ON THE BAG!!!

Of course, I thought I could be quicker and melt two bags of white chocolate straight in a sauce pan. Um, no. I had it too hot and then it was starting to brown and then I had the GREAT IDEA to try and finish melting it in the microwave.

No Bueno :(

The cake balls themselves came out great but it was the chocolate coating that I had to improvise on that. I ended up pouring just a little chocolate sauce on top with green sprinkles and calling them ‘Ice cream Cake Balls’. They tasted good and everyone at work liked them too. When it comes to baking of course its always TRIAL AND ERROR.







No comments: