Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Holiday Planning in July

Yes, I know I am about 5 months early however with working full time, 5 little ladies, and a tight budget I need to get my ducks in a row. Of course since I have found the amazing world of Pintrest the ideas are flowing!

This year for the girls we are going to do clothes since they have wwwaaayyy too many toys to begin with. Aaron is a little more tricky but I will get that figured out lol. For friends and family Im going to be doing some homemade gift baskets because personally I think that is more sentimental, don't you?

For the past few years, I have done a friend's Thanksgiving the beginning of November and this year will be no different. I like to be the one that not only hosts but I love doing the majority of the cooking. Of course, this year Aaron has convinced me to just do the turkey, stuffing, and potatoes and have everyone else bring the other dishes. This should help with the 'Holiday Nazi' I always become. Hey, what can I say, I love hosting and have being able to entertain. (I most get that from my Nana) 


I've also decided to do a Ladies Only Cookie Exchange the beginning of December. I love the idea of exchanging recipes, eating finger foods, and of course WINE!

Here are some ideas I've found on Pintrest already:
Pinned Image


Just cut a cream cheese block on the diagonal to have the pieces to make a tree shape.  Then add some bell pepper decorations and some pepper jelly (and Wheat Thins of course), and you have acute appetizer!
Christmas Tree Cheese

Applesauce & Cinnamon Ornament/Gift Tags. Super fun and they smell amazing!!
Applesauce and cinnamon ornaments

I'll be doing a weekly Pintrest finds so stay tuned!

No comments: